Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Woooooah Papa Ghede!


Done!

It's a bit wonky on the top and bottom edges, and I have a problem with ridging ... but I'm still pretty happy with how he turned out :)

I posted to Tafe yesterday, and last night I started warping up my frame ready for my next sampler, which is all about colour. I have only 3 weeks to get it completed, so I'd better start when I get back from the radio show tonight.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nearly there ...

This is an action shot of me weaving on Friday :P

Status of my tapestry: I have cut off the frame, and am in the process of sewing slits and catching the braided warp threads.

I hadn't thought much about how I was going to finish this off ... so I might buy some velcro tomorrow, and attach it to the back of the tapestry, since it's only around A4 size. Maybe next time I'll be brave enough to attach it to a fabric-covered board.

I'm aiming to post this to TAFE on Tuesday - wish me luck!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Update!

I've been so busy weaving, I've forgotten to post some photos of what I'm working on ... so here it is so far:


The skull (Papa Ghede) is the difficult bit ... but it's working out better than I expected!