Saturday, October 22, 2011

Berrylicious!

That's what Anita's calling my new hair - Berrylicious: blueberry swirled with strawberries ;)  Well, she *does* have a foodie blog, haaha!

Here are my new dreads - first, what they looked like before installation (thanks to my friend Wilbur for minding them for me!):
And then after installation:


And yes, that fringe is very high maintenance, haaha!  But at least I've finally found a turquoise that is bright enough and doesn't take 2 hours to process - this one's Special Effects' 'Fishbowl' ... FYI, the hot pink is Manic Panic's 'Hot Hot Pink'.

I used the following to make my wool dreads:  Black: Ashford Corriedale Liquorice, Pink: Ashford Corriedale Pansy, Turquoise: Ashford Corriedale Turquoise and White: Bendigo Woollen Mills Merino.

That Merino was bloody awful to felt ... I'm trying to stick to the Corriedale as much as possible!

2 comments:

  1. Aaawh! I think this is my favourite of all your hairstyles/does so far! Looove the colors, I think they go fantastically with your complexion.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yoooouu!! Yeah, I love these colours - but I'm already finding the turquoise/pink fringe high maintenance! Ah well, it's worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete