Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Productive Weekend

Yes it was!  Apart from the obligatory annual dentist checkup and mountains of washing, I spent it weaving and cross-stitching - YAYNESS!

Weavy stuff - nearly there!


Stitchy stuff - the 'Red' cushion in progress:


And I'm experimenting with making a cross stitch badge/hairclip combo.  Not sure how it will work out, but I'm stitching an eyeball on black Aida cloth.  If it turns out, I'll back it with felt, overlock the edges and attach a combination brooch/hairclip to the back.  You can never have enough eyeballs in your wardrobe, after all ;)

4 comments:

  1. i've seen a stuffed eyeball toy, bit scary as it was so real but a bit bigger than real.
    good to see the skull coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think I've seen the same one!! There are quite a few eyeballs around at the moment - I've just ordered a ring with a doll's eyeball, heh heh :P

    My skull is due Oct 22 - I'll be fine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eyeballs are SOOOO not my thing! I remember watching Blade Runner and having to keep my eyes shut at certain times because of all the eyeballs.
    Good luck with getting all your work done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haaha! But they're so CUTE! I think I like the fact they're unexpected in cross stitch ;)

    ReplyDelete