Thursday, January 5, 2012

pinterest

OK ... I've succumbed to Pinterest! Brigitte invited me (I'm not sure whether you *have* to be invited, or whether you can just sign up?). I was sceptical, but have found it a great place to 'save' pics you've seen on the internet that you don't know what to do with.


This is my 'Random Awesomeness' folder, which I use for styles I admire ... I love the goth/deathrock aesthetic, as well as vintage films and fashion - they all fit together ;)

It's very easy to add pictures - you first put a 'pin it' bookmark on your browser. Then you can go to any website, select 'pin it' and it comes up with all the images from that webpage. Once it's on your pinboard, it links back to the website. A good way to save things you want to buy, recipes, inspirational pictures, etc.

I've created a folder for my cross stitch kits, and have already had hits from there to my Etsy store. So it works on many different levels.

Have you tried Pinterest? If you want to join, let me know and I'll 'invite' you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment