Friday, February 24, 2012

green beauty

Oh, I've been very slack with my Green Beauty updates! Probably because my skincare and makeup regime have settled down with products I'm very happy with ... but I just realised that there were a few I haven't shared - naughty me!

Night Cream - for those (like me) with very dry skin, night cream is excellent for when you want moisturiser with extra oomph! I always use facial oil, but sometimes I need something more. I found MuLondon, and couldn't resist buying their Organic Marigold, Frankincense & Myrrh Moisturiser. It is gorgeous - smells good, completely natural and VERY moisturising.


For those days when your skin doesn't need as much moisture (and this is one that Anita loves), then you can try their delicious-smelling Organic White Chocolate Truffle Face Moisturiser - heavenly!


Boris, who makes these products (and more!) is very helpful too, so make sure you swing by!

The next company is Skin Apotheke by Zria on Etsy. Since I've been treating my hyper-pigmentation long-term, I thought I'd try some different (cheaper) products. I came across the Organic Anti Aging Eye and Pigmentation Serum, and have been using it for a couple of weeks. It's a beautiful oil-based serum, and I'm looking forward to trying more products from her range. They're all based on Ayurvedic principles, and are as organic as she can make them.


Last but not least ... natural sunscreen, which has been the bane of my existence!! My favourite is still the Petite Marie, but after losing 2 of my orders (and consequently having to wait a couple of months to receive them), I'm pretty reluctant to order from her again! It's been a while, so maybe I'll try one more time ... but right now I'm using MyChelle Replenishing Solar Defense SPF 30. It's quite a light lotion, but weirdly OK for my dry skin! Even Anita likes the texture of it. It's very sophisticated (I have in my head that natural products should be a bit 'rough', if that makes sense?) - you wouldn't know it was chemical-free if you glanced at it.


It's difficult finding natural sunscreen in Australia - most won't ship here. I purchased this from iherb.com, and there are a few to choose from on there (the Devita is also good).

OK, I think that's all for the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment