Wednesday, February 22, 2012

health update

SureSlim is going well - I have now lost 5.5kg (12.1 lbs)!  That's after 3 weeks, which is quite unexpected :O  So I'm now down to 61kg (134.2 lbs) - woo hoo!  Can't wait to get under 60 ;)

This morning was the first time I noticed any difference in my clothes - a zip-up skirt that I wear to work went on more effortlessly than usual - yay!  And I've had more energy at my Body Synergy classes recently too.

As for the programme - it's a great eating programme, but there really isn't any support available.  I've had a couple of queries, and have tried emailing and calling, both with no response.  As soon as I post publicly on the Facebook page however, I suddenly get answers.  So if you're looking for a programme that is supportive, then SureSlim is not for you.  But if you're like me, and would prefer to be left alone to get on with it, then it's great ;) 

Yesterday's eating was as follows:
Breakfast:  Tub (175g) soy yoghurt with 1 pear and seeds (2 tbsp linseeds, 2 tbsp pepitas and 1 tbsp sunflower seeds)
Lunch:  Bean salad (with cucumber, avocado, red capsicum), 3 Vitawheat crackers, 5 almonds
Dinner:  110g fresh salmon poached with 115g vegies (fennel, green beans, peas and a salsa made of tomato and red onion) with 1 tbsp olive oil.  1 apple.
Drinks:  2L water, 2 cups black coffee (no milk in coffee or tea!), 1 green tea

That's a pretty typical day on SureSlim for me - though I forgot my 2 tsp tahini.  Sometimes I find it difficult to fit everything in, would you believe?  There's no eating between meals at all, so everything has to be fit into one of the 3 meals.

I assume that when I've finished the 6 weeks I receive a maintenance diet - hopefully some form of pasta is included on that - I miss it!
UPDATE:  no, I don't receive a maintenance diet ... apparently I have to figure that out for myself - unless I want to pay for a 'Maintenance Programme' - GRRRRRR!!!

2 comments:

  1. that sounds great! good for you! I lost some kg in weight then gained them again. But now I'm back on track I've started with some muscle training as muscles burns fat. I think the menu for the day looks great, many diets contains a lot of small meals and I don't beleive in eating every other hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Good luck with your training - it's true, muscle does burn fat, which is why I'm doing that too (with Pilates).

    My personal theory is that people with a fast metabolism need to eat more meals throughout the day, but those with a slow metabolism just need the three. I, unfortunately, am *not* blessed with the former! :P

    ReplyDelete