Thursday, April 26, 2012

am i crazy? yes. yes i am.

Indeed.

Ever since Violetcrime designed my website banner, I've wanted to stitch it. Just cos. I mean, wouldn't it look great to have a cross stitched banner at a craft fair??

Anyway, I've finally gotten around to starting it - and it's going to be HUGE! I was trying to take a picture of the canvas before I stitched it onto the frame, but Charlie kept sitting on it!! Ah well, I guess you can see the scale of the piece ... so thanks Charlie ;) It's going to be just over 1 metre wide and 56cm high.




And here are the beginnings ... I get the feeling this is going to take many many months - but will look great in my new studio!

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That is HUGE but I'm sure it's gonna look AMAZING. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaha, I hope so!! I'll post progress pics as I'm going ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes indeedy! I'd be too scared to work out just how many, heh heh :P

      Delete
  3. I could never imagined that you are in the same age as me! At least 10 years younger have I guessed.
    This one will definitely take a lot of time, but it will be perfect for you to use as a banner. Please post some pictures of the progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, flattery will get you everywhere!! ;)

      It will look awesome ... eventually! And I've never seen anyone at a craft fair with a cross-stitched banner ;)

      Delete