So here's what I thought of my second assessment:
Yep, I wasn't too keen on this one - I had all sorts of trouble with the tension, and you can tell that my sides went all wonky during the second sampler - GRRRR!!! I was experimenting with a different warp sett, and a different number of weft strands - and it just didn't work. Ah well, I think that a finer sett and less weft works better for me - even though it takes longer.
OK, moving right along people - NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
I've started my next assessment - designing a large tapestry. This one is to be 3600cm2, and is due in November - since the maximum width my loom can handle is 50cm, the tapestry will be 72cm long. Assessment 3 is the design of the tapestry and samplers. As usual, I've got the design started first, and have to go back and do some groundwork to submit ;) Here is the very beginning:
I found a random goth image from the 80s, and have enlarged it as the central image. I will fill the rest of the design with various goth imagery, such as leopard print (which you can see on the bottom), bats, band badges and ripped fishnet. Some of the leopard print will be cross stitched on canvas and sewn on afterwards. I'm looking forward to this one!!