Wednesday, April 4, 2012

clutches!

Yep, I am a naughty blogger - I finished my Bats Clutch, and my Skeleton Hand Coin Purse, and haven't posted pics - *spank*!

Well, I still don't have any good ones ... but I do have some 'make-do' ones. The first is of the Bats Clutch - the design needs refining, as I learnt that the bag should only be as deep as the sides of the frame. Woops! But it still looks awesome:



And on Tuesday night Anita and I went out for an impromptu dinner at Eden Dining Room And Bar at the Marina Pier at Glenelg - oh my Goddess, what an amazing place! I'm not good at foodie reviews (see Anita's blog for that stuff), but it was amazing ;) Before we left she took a couple of pics of the Skeleton Hand Coin Purse - excuse the bad lighting!

One side:

And the other:


That was far more successful - even though I could only fit my phone and lippy in there ... well, it *is* a coin purse, after all ;)

I've used a zebra print fabric for the lining of both bags - I might buy some more, since that will match pretty much every design I'll come up with.

I've just ordered a frame that's in between the two sizes, so after I've finished my current coin purse (in turquoise leopard print!), I'm going to re-do the Bats design.

Note to self: make time to dress up and do proper pictures in better lighting, heh.

4 comments:

  1. this Bats Clutch is sooooo awesome! Great work! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Once I've got the shape of the bag right, I'll be 100% happy with it ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness these are so cool! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks gorgeous! For me, the actual designing/stitching is the easy bit - it's making it into a usable bag that I'm struggling with ;)

      Delete