Wednesday, April 18, 2012

green beauty - a refresher

About a year ago I started posting about the 'green' beauty products I have been using ... here's the link to my first post, Grooving In Green.

I have been reading on blogs and Facebook lately about foundation recommendations, and lately one that was calling itself 'mineral', but was chock full of nasty chemical ingredients - eeek! (By the way, anyone who thinks The Body Shop are 'green' is seriously mistaken ... they're owned by L'Oreal, who still test on animals)

To cut a long story short, my skin is a billion times better since I switched to natural products - that includes skincare, make-up and shampoo/conditioner. The nasty products that I haven't been able to replace are eyeliner (damn it!) and hair styling products.

The best foundation in the world is still Meow - I can't believe I tried so many products before finding this one!! I use the heavy coverage version (Flawless Feline), which only has 5 ingredients: Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides.

And I still recommend reading 'The Green Beauty Guide' by Julie Gabriel - it seriously changed my life (sounds dramatic, but having pimply awful skin in your 30s is no joke!).

Of course, you can always use the 'green beauty' tab above for some of my other recommendations ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment