Even though I haven't received feedback from my lecturer about my large tapestry design, I thought I'd better get started. So the loom is now warped up, and I have started the edge of the tapestry (the hem):
Just starting the leopard print - I have added a strand of purple to give a bit of depth to the black hair:
And a shot of my progress - so far so good!
I'll have to take the frame off the stand on Friday so it can be moved to the new house - the stand can go with the removalists, as it may be difficult to get up the stairs ;)
If you've read this far, congratulations ... you get to have a peek at our new house, haa! Settlement day is Friday - that upstairs room is my studio, and faces the ocean ;)
One more pic (from the real estate website) - the downstairs living area, incorporating dining room and kitchen:
We're so excited! I'll post pics after we move in ;)
Anita calls it 'The Yurt', Lily calls it 'The Roly Poly House', and apparently the locals call it 'The Soccer Ball House' - it's actually a dodecahedron!