Saturday, July 21, 2012

new dreads

Yep, got new dreads a couple of weeks ago, and forgot to post pics! 

I had a ton of blue hairdye leftover, so I thought I'd go royal blue and pink.  The blue dreads I made didn't turn out bright enough, so I used a couple of old synthetic dreads I had lying around ;)

Here they are before installation:

And after (from a few angles):



Aaaand, even though Cathy of Miasma Hair isn't really making dreads much anymore, I thought I'd take a punt and email her - she was lovely and made me some peacock dreads for my next install - check out these babies:


They look even *more* gorgeous in real life ... seriously, that woman is the Mistress Of Wool Dreads!  :O

I'll have to decide how I will dye the rest of my hair - maybe purple and turquoise? 

I was talking to Bella today (my dread wool supplier), and in order to get this marbled effect I could use a wool carder (that may not be the correct technical term :P) to mix some colours and then felt them into dreads.  Oh, the possibilities!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I absolutely love your hair. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL, I know!! I spend waaaay too much time on my hair ;)

      Delete
  3. pretty! I love the peacock ones, can't wait for pics of those. LOL ^Tante, I agree. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaha! I'm kinda disappointed I just changed over, cos the peacock ones are AWESOME! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh snaps!
    Those peacock colored ones are the exact color I'd imagine I'd get if I were to ever get dreads... sooooo succulent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? There are so many colours in there! ;)

      Delete