Tuesday, November 27, 2012

spring cleaning


Well, it's 'officially' summer in Australia on Saturday ... so I guess I have been doing some spring cleaning ;)

We just returned from Robe - I have posted pics of this gorgeous place before - but here's a reminder:


Of course, I was under my parasol the whole time, with Anita laughing at my inappropriate beach wear ;)

We drove down late Friday afternoon, stayed in a very nice cabin (our usual holiday house was unavailable), and dined on Saturday at Wild Mulberry Cafe, Mahalia Coffee and Vic Street Pizzeria. I feel HUGE now! :P

But now my task is cleaning up my studio ... I haven't really moved in there properly, and have a few boxes of 'must sort out' items.  I'm not a sentimental hoarder, but have found some interesting things:

-  Newspaper and magazine articles about Siouxsie & The Banshees - there's my teenage self still lurking around!
-  Waaaay too much occult material that I have kept 'for interest', but that I really don't have room for.  You never know when you may need to summon entities from the astral plane!
-  Too many books - seriously!  That's why I buy as many ebooks as I can these days.
-  Playlists for Blood & Black Dahlias from 1997 and 1998 that I had printed out in 2001 - I was very excited about this find, since I am trying to record as many old playlists as I can on the Shadowplay blog ;)

And all that was from one box! ... I have a couple more to go, as well as some Ikea furniture to put together.  The whole house will be getting painted in January, which I'm super excited about!

Is anyone else spring / autumn cleaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment