Sunday, December 2, 2012

ready and waiting ...



Look at that expanse of floor space, just waiting for a table loom ... !

If you look at the window, you can see Charlie spying on the neighbours :P

I'm picking up the loom next Saturday - in the meantime, I have been cleaning up my studio.  I just need to get a table and I'll be set ;)

I'm also pretty excited about the whole house being painted in January - due to the architecture of the house, the interior will be white with coloured accents.  Upstairs, the accents will be the window alcoves (which are quite large, as you can see in the above picture) - they will be purple.  Downstairs the theme is white and turquoise blue!

OK, back to cleaning ...

8 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting! The color plans for painting sound wonderful, please keep us all updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to start taking pics of the house - I've been a bit neglectful!

      Delete
  2. There's nothing better than an upstairs room with slanted ceilings - perfect for creating! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it really is the perfect room!! It's a vaulted ceiling, which looks amazing, but is a bit of a pain for decorating ;)

      Delete
  3. Those slanted ceilings are epic! Please keep us updated with the decorating - it sounds really exciting. I wish I could decorate my apartment, but the landlady won't let us change the decor. One day I'm hoping to get somewhere where I can really go to town and decorate as I wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why we wanted to buy a house rather than renting - I was going stir-crazy not being allowed to do anything!

      The vaulted ceiling is awesome in this house (which is technically a 'geodesic dome') - I will definitely have to take more pictures after painting :)

      Delete
    2. So wonderful to read about your plans for the house. It feels like you and your family have arrived home at last :).
      It will be exciting to see what you will create with your new loom.

      Delete
    3. Yes Therese, I feel exactly the same way!! It feels so comfortable and 'home-y', even though we've only been here for 6 months!

      I'm excited too - I still want to see stuff you've woven ... hint, hint :P

      Delete