Monday, February 4, 2013

meet rosie!



Rosie is the new member of our family, a gorgeous black tortoiseshell! Here she is just after coming home from the shelter - looking pretty relaxed and chilled out! Help Save The Furry Ones is an amazing organisation run by amazing volunteers, and our charity of choice. Rosie had been with them for 12 months ... so I guess it was time for her to find her furrever home ;)

We wanted another small animal to be Frankie's playmate, since Charlie just gets grumpy when Frankie wants to play. After looking at rescue small dogs, and realising how much competition there is for them, we decided to get another kitty, preferably an adult who had been at the shelter for a little while. Rosie is between 18 and 24 months, so not much younger than Frankie. They are still checking each other out, but I think they will be very good friends ;)


I took this pic just after they met ... Frankie was curious, and though Rosie hissed a couple of times, she wasn't too bothered either. Charlie is another story - she's been growling, but not as much as when we got Frankie. I'm hoping that Charlie calms down, and realises that Rosie will get Frankie off her back ;)

If anyone from South Australia is reading this and is thinking of getting a kitty - please visit and support Help Save The Furry Ones!


12 comments:

  1. Ah what a beaut! She does look very relaxed for being in a new home, hehe.

    I was thinking about getting my own little rascal a playmate, but so far any new kitty we've tried introducing to him has been a disaster... he doesn't play well with others and becomes so agitated he paces and hisses for hours on end until the offending party goes away-- and even then it's hard to console him afterwards, despite offering catnip and treats.

    But anyway, congratulations on the new arrival! Hopefully they all get along swimmingly after a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, do you have a grumpy kitty like our Ms Charlie? ;) Charlie still fights with Frankie ... but they tolerate each other most of the time (it took a while!) ;)

      Delete
  2. Tortie cats always make me want German chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I don't even know how to respond to that comment!! They are a yummy chocolate-y colour though, aren't they? ;)

      Delete
  3. How lovely! I have always wanted a cat but we aren't allowed one in our rental place. We begged, but they didn't care. I hope they get on well. I love tortishell pattern, and it is so cool that only girls can have it! I hope the cats get on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, what a shame! We were really lucky in our last house (which we rented) - they let us have Charlie, and when we were thinking of getting another rescue cat, the landlord only said yes because she was a rescue cat! Pulled on the ol' heartstrings :P

      Now we own our house, there's nothing stopping us from getting more and more cats ... KIDDING!! ;)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous colours! I have never had a cat and now we have a dog - my first as an adult. So now I am a dog person, but my friends have cats and I do like them. So different from dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no ... little dogs and cats are pretty similar! Big dogs are much different ;)

      I was a small-dog person before I lived with Anita - now I am definitely a crazy cat lady! (though I still go ga-ga over small dogs, heh :P)

      Delete
  5. She's beautiful! congratulations to your new family member! I hope she goes along with the other cats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese! She's doing amazingly well, considering she has now been with us for nearly 2 days. I'm so proud of Frankie - she has been very good. Frankie follows me around everywhere, and when I got home from work yesterday Rosie just followed along too - it was very cute! Charlie is still grumpy, ha!

      Delete
  6. But one has to pick up dog's doings, and even little dogs can do big doings. So goodonya Rosie. Let's have more pics of cats on stairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - but we still have to clean out the kitty trays!!

      Oh, I have even more 'cats on stairs' pics than what I posted on Facebook ... I will clean them up and post them here soon ;)

      Delete