Tuesday, April 16, 2013

not so hidden bats!


I don't normally do themes (I'm not a fan of conforming, HA!), but I had to laugh when I saw this one on This Is CorpGoth. A work-friendly outfit that includes bats? Hmm, that seems to be my outfit every day ;) So while sitting in my office, I took a quick snapshot (excuse lack of photo editing):


My usual bat necklace ... and I realised that I'm still wearing my jacket (it's very cold in my office!) with my brooch of a Victorian woman dressed as a bat - AS YOU DO!!

Even though I work in a pretty high-end corporate office, I tend to get away with more than most - probably because I can't hide my hair, and because I always dress neatly and don't wear anything too ridiculous.


10 comments:

  1. You look great! That's my dream, that my future jib will let me dress as I like, I feel weird not looking Victorian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Laura! Being myself in a corporate environment is not without its difficulties (job hunting is tricky!), but as I get older people seem to judge me less and less ... wrinkles must add credibility to my look, haaha!

      Delete
  2. I love the necklace and brooch both! That's so nice you can dress for work without having to suppress your personal style! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty lucky!!

      Oh Lynne, the shop I bought the brooch from (and a Victorian mermaid necklace) is The Spangled Maker - sorry in advance!!!
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSpangledMaker

      Delete
    2. Beware, Lynne.... you will become addicted! ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh God. Should I even go there? Yes. I'll go look right now. Mwahahaha....

      Delete
    4. She has a Twin Peaks Necklace! That was the best show! I used to have to get the eldest in bed by 8:00 p.m. on the night it aired so I wouldn't miss it! :D

      Delete
  3. I am jealous that your job offers you such freedom with your appearance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa, nothing to do with luck! It's been a struggle, but finally I'm old enough (and experienced enough) to be given a break!! ;)

      Delete