Tuesday, May 7, 2013

bowerbird bazaar ... and some other news!





On the weekend I was invited to join Bella and Kaye at Bowerbird Bazaar to demonstrate weaving - it was incredibly busy, incredibly exciting, and incredibly fun!!  Anita took the above snaps of me in action (note the 'concentration face', LOL!) ;)

My other news:  I have just quit my job of 7 1/2 years!  My role is moving to a shared services function interstate, and I didn't relish the idea of working within a Corporate taxation role ... luckily I was successful in securing a new position as a Credit Assessor with a fantastic company that rents out musical instruments.  An added bonus is that my new role is a 15 minute drive away from home, and pretty close to the ocean ;)  That means more time for weaving, as well as lovely lunchtime strolls!

I don't want to get all hippy-sounding on this blog, but I have learnt a very important lesson - when life seems to throw awful things at you, you really do benefit by having an 'open and allowing' attitude.  Don't get me wrong, when I found out my role was being made redundant, I was super-angry ... but after the anger, I forced myself to see the positives in the situation, and told myself that Life sends you the right things at the right time.  Go with the flow - I'm not saying you shouldn't do anything ... but only do things that seem right at the time, and feel good.  That's called 'inspired action'.  When you're angry and desperate, you block all the good things coming to you.  Try to relax ... and see what happens!

And that's as philosophical as I'm going to get around here - *wink*  ;)

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is solved for you. I have been pushed aside at my work when I contacted my boss supervisor about his bad behaviour. I went supermad, so angry. Now when I got rid of him it feels very easy and I'm looking for another job :) Some changes that seems bad are often the chance to a new start.
    You look so pretty in the giant flower in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Therese - that flower is almost bigger than my head!!

      Anger is good for some things ... ie giving you the motivation to change situations. It's just when you hold onto the anger that it becomes a block for the good things. Good luck with your job hunt!

      Delete
  2. Life truly is amazing, I think your words and advice are something to live by....I know I try. Congrats on the new job and *cheers* to another chapter beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Meagan! I love your positive and upbeat attitude ;) :D

      Delete
  3. Bowerbird Bazaar looks like it was great fun - and what a great name!

    Congratulations on your new job, Michelle! That's very exciting and sounds like a good fit for you. Lunchtime walks on the beach sound pretty nice. ;o

    You're so right - things always work out as they should, even if at the time they seem like the worst thing ever. I still have problems with the relaxing part, though. I'm a little slow at learning some of my big life lessons... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey believe me, I didn't say relaxing is easy!! I just tried without trying to hard, if that makes sense ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Love your hair! Your little loom is very cool! Congratulations on your new job! More time for weaving? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's an Ashford 8 shaft table loom ... my newest baby ;)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the new job, hope you enjoy it. I have to ask, as I just couldn't do it physically, did you stand at the loom all the time? Do you usually stand at your loom? Now that I think about it, I didn't sit much when I did weaving in my textiles course - maybe that was one of the things that made weaving so not my thing. Your work looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Yep, I stand at my loom all the time - since the table loom is quite high, in order to sit you'd need either a specially constructed stand (which Ashford do make), or a very low table (say in between a dining table and a coffee table). I couldn't find anything at comfortable sitting height, therefore I stand. It's actually quite comfortable - my back is not bent or hunched over ... then again, I'm pretty short!

      Delete