Saturday, June 15, 2013

new eyebrows!


Yes, you read that correctly!


I haven't had my eyebrows tattooed for about 4 years, and they were *very* faded. My eyebrows themselves are blonde, so I've always had to draw them in. About 6 years ago I had them tattooed for the first time - they looked amazing, but the 'soft-tap' method was quite painful and took quite a long time to heal (which is a problem when they're on your FACE!).

4 years ago I visited Deraly Fleming, who uses an actual tattoo gun instead of the soft-tap method (which is more like a scalpel) - this method is much better, hurts less, and healing time is very quick.  To give you an idea, the photo above is about 1 hour after the treatment!

So here's the before and after shots.  Before (you can see the faded line from the last treatment, about 4 years ago):


And after - about 1 hour after treatment:


I wore eyeliner when I went in there, mainly so she could see how I normally wear my make-up.  In the 'after' photos, there's a bit of swelling, and there are a few ink splatters ... but they look pretty good, don't they??  I'm to go back after about 4-6 weeks for a touch up, as sometimes it can look a bit patchy after they've healed (like a normal tattoo, I guess).  I think I might budget to get them touched up every year from now on too.

So if you're sick of drawing on your eyebrows every day, this is definitely a recommended option.  Just make sure you check which method they use ;) 


8 comments:

  1. They look fantastic! I don't need to do mine because I have dark eyebrows, I love the idea of tattooing them on but what would I do to waste time if I couldn't stand in front of the mirror plucking tiny hairs to reshape my eyebrows? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaha, you're lucky you don't need to! I would love to have naturally dark eyebrows - guess I should count myself lucky that my eyelashes aren't as light as my eyebrows ;)

      I still have to pluck mine, unfortunately!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I never knew you had your eyebrows tattooed! They look so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! The less amount of time I spend on my make-up, the more time I can spend weaving, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Wow, they look fantastic, Michelle! And I love the shape she made them! But what a drag you still have to pluck them - for a second there, I debated shaving my grey eyebrows off and getting them tattooed on. But if I still have to pluck, maybe not. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's nothing stopping you from shaving your eyebrows off altogether and getting the shape tattooed on - you can definitely shave them all off after the tattoo has healed ... I've just always kept them there. Good idea though! Hmmm ...

      It was great, I walked in with my eyebrows drawn on as usual (with gel eyeliner), and she just tattooed over the top, taking the eyeliner off as she went. I just had to remind her that I didn't want them to look natural, HA!

      Delete
  4. Great idea, the one thing I don't like about removing one's natural eyebrows completely is the fact that if you are not going to wear makeup that day then you kind of don't have any eyebrows. This definitely solves that problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does! The only down-side is the week or two it takes to heal ... they're not looking too glam right this minute ;)

      Delete