Sunday, September 22, 2013

bat shoes finished!!



I am *super* happy about my new bespoke shoes made by Eugenia Neave!!  Here are a couple more views - apologies to those who have already seen them on Instagram ;)


They are the most comfy pair of shoes I have ever worn ... it's amazing to me the real reason I've always had problems with ill-fitting shoes.  Eugenia said I have very wide feet, but my heel is very narrow.  The second picture shows the unusual shape of my foot - no wonder shoes that are wide enough rub at the heel!  She did an awesome job with the bat shape in lieu of a bow too ;) 

She was so excited when she called me to say they were completed - she said that when she was on the home stretch with them, she had a moment when she could see my personality in the shoe - I guess that's what using a master craftsperson is all about - wonderful craftsmanship, as well as artistry!

Anita's going to get a pair of sandals made for summer - whereas I'll be saving for a pair of perfectly-fitting pixie boots ;)  Gonna have to start scouring Ebay for shoes with bat buckles that I can buy to cut off  (donations gratefully accepted if anyone has any spare buckles floating around!!)

10 comments:

  1. Holy crap, those are the most awesome pair of shoes ever, Michelle! I love the heel on them - they're the perfect height.

    And now you're going to get pixie boots with bat buckles - so envious! You'd think with my massive stash of stuff I'd have a pair of bat buckles I could send to you, but amazingly enough, I don't! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you though. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Lynne, I appreciate you keeping your eyes peeled!! I'm really kicking myself that I've never saved buckles from old shoes that I threw out years ago - ARGH!!

      I still can't believe how comfy and well-made they are!

      Delete
  2. Ok, I am absolutely in love with those shoes! I agree with Insomniac -- the heel is the perfect height and I adore the double buckles and bats. FANTASTIC!

    I can't imagine how amazing a custom-made pair of shoes fit, but I would assume that it's like making ones own clothing. PERFECT in every sense of the word. Wear 'em in good health, doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! I'm not great with high heels, but a bit of a heel is very flattering considering how short I am! (5'2").

      The double buckles are just what Eugenia had in her stash - she scours second-hand shops looking for unusual buckles on shoes ;)

      Delete
  3. Those are fantastic! :D

    I also have wide feet with narrow heels ("duck feet" as my mother likes to call them... thanks a lot, Mom :P ). I've long wanted to get myself a pair of custom shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaa, nothing like a bit of honesty, lol!! It really is worth saving up for, that's for sure! ;)

      Delete
  4. Those are some absolutely spiffy new shoes!
    They suit you perfectly, and I haven't even seen them on one of your full outfits yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will definitely have to do an outfit post wearing them, won't I? ;)

      Delete