Sunday, January 19, 2014

sewing and peacock hair


Yes, that's what the last few days have been about!  I decided that having the two colours was too much maintenance (both colours fade at different rates, which is a pain), and also didn't suit my new style as my hair is growing out. 

So I decided to replace the pink and green with Peacock Blue (Crazy Colour), which I originally bought to go with my peacock dreads back in October 2012 ;)  Man, I miss my dreads - can't wait for my 'tail' to grow so I can have some length again!   Here's me at the hairdresser getting the bleach done first - the only time you'll see me with blonde hair!!  (and that's my hairdresser Sarah - she's awesome :P)


When I got home, it was very hard to take a picture, because the colour is quite multi-faceted - it also makes my eyes look scary-blue :)


And after 1 wash, it looked like this (unstyled, to show more of the colours) - it's more green-blue at the roots:


It will be interesting to see how long it lasts ... last time I could get away with dying every 2 weeks instead of 1 - but it really depends on the condition of the hair at the time.

And today's job:  sewing all 8 of these infinity scarves, photographing them and putting them up in the shop ... I love weaving, but I don't love sewing so much ;)  Plus, Adelaide had a week-long heatwave, which meant that my studio was a no-go zone as it was so HOT!  Cool(ish) day today, which means I'm catching up.




10 comments:

  1. The top one matches your hair! I know what you mean about the heat and no go zones. And it is still hot, just not ridiculously so - well, here in Melbourne, anyway. I thought I would do so much today as it was 'cool' but then I went out and it was humid and the cloud cover lifted and the sun is HOT.
    And handling wool is sooo not the thing to be doing in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Mary - it's very very tempting to keep that one ... but I already have a short length turquoise cowl :) Hopefully your cool change will come in soon!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your hair! I like how pale your eyes look in comparison to the insanely bright hair!

    Ooooh I know about that heat, it has had me sitting in front of a fan, too hot to even sew most of the time! Hoooorible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! The heat is horrible - it makes me very lethargic, and wishing I lived in Tasmania, heh :P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Why thank you, hair lady!! :P We're so mean to our hair, aren't we??

      Delete
  4. I love the new colour, but I really like you with the pink/blonde/dark in the back combination, too!

    I can relate to the “too hot in the attic”. From July through end of August, you couldn't set foot in the attic to do any sewing. Of course, we installed air conditioning up there right before we sold, and I'm wondering why the heck we didn't do it sooner so I could have enjoyed it! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, nooooo blonde!!! :P (Anita says that all the time :P)

      We don't have air con upstairs, unfortunately :( Maybe one day, but it will be expensive due to the weirdly-shaped house!

      Delete
  5. Love the new hair! I am sorry, but I actually must say you look really cute with the blond hair!

    ReplyDelete