Monday, June 2, 2014

weight loss ... and betty's upstairs!


Yes, I logged my weight in to MyFitnessPal this morning (0.4kg/0.9lb weightloss in a week!), and I realised that they had cut my calorie intake!!  After googling a bit, I discovered that I must have hit the 10lb weight loss mark ... in which the app re-evaluates your calorie intake ;)


And yesterday Betty was transported upstairs!  I must confess, my studio is now a *tad* cramped ... but it's with all the good stuff ;)


After being a bit overwhelmed by all the bits and pieces of the new loom, I've decided to have a bit of a play with it today ...

I found a good YouTube clip of how to warp up back to front, as well as a Craftsy class on floor loom weaving - both have been very helpful so far!

In the meantime, I am still weaving on my table loom - here's a gorgeous colour called 'Tasman Blue' by Bendigo Woollen Mills - yum!!


Wish me luck!

Thanks for your help, Frankie ;)



6 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!!
    I am always in awe of people like you who learn by themselves. I like classes where people show you what to do, where you share ideas, etc. Well done you!
    And well done on the weight loss. I hope you continue at a reasonable pace and continue to feel good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's through necessity, Mary!! Working full time, I don't really have access to classes, and the only ones available are not near where I live ... so it's on a 'needs must' basis ;) I'd love to be physically shown what to do, believe me!!

      I am getting healthy in a 'slow but steady' way - I really want to keep this weight off for good ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks!! As of this morning it's 5.3kg ... I'm a shrinking woman!! What's even better is that now I'm in the 'healthy weight' range according to my BMI on the Australian Heart Foundation website :D

      Delete
    2. Mine is slow this fortnight only 1kg loss :-( You are going great guns skinny minnie!

      Delete
    3. That's great, Kate!!! You know, some weeks are less, some are more ;)

      Delete