Saturday, July 26, 2014

holiday week


Yep, it's nearly over .... but boy, did I really need/deserve that week off from work!!  I like my job, but I was physically and mentally exhausted - it's the first break I have had in nearly 7 months - hopefully I don't have to wait so long for the next one!

We spent a few days in Robe - mmm, one of my favourite places on earth!  Here's the view from our bedroom window:


We love Robe, and the wonderful people we have met there - especially Kiri and Paul, who own Wild Mulberry Cafe (make sure you visit if you're down that way!).  We were super-lucky to be invited to dinner ... and we met the new addition to their family, Gracie (their 4th kitty!) ;)


And we made sure we had time for crafting!  I practiced my tatting, and Anita her knitting ;)



On the way home we discovered that Larry The Lobster was for sale!!  $327,400 for a 17 metre, 4 tonne lobster (and adjoining cafe) ;)


When I got home, my next challenge was to complete a couple of scarves in a couple of days ... I promised I'd bring them to work on Monday - and I will!

Commission for Anne:


And one for the shop!


And even though I put on 1kg/2.2lbs in Robe (so much good food!!), I've been getting right back into it ... all made better by my new Lululemon pants - aren't they AWESOME??


Hopefully Monday morning's weigh in isn't too scary!  But at the same time, I had a fantastic holiday - as long as I get back on track straight away, I need to learn it's OK to let it all go every now and then ;)

8 comments:

  1. Love the lululemon pants, they look amazzing! Hope your enjoying your break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's over, but it's been amazing - thanks! ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, those earrings look amazing! Will you ever be selling something like that? I am a bit purple obsessed at the moment!

    I want to pat that kitty, it looks so soft!

    Hope it's not too long until your next break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracie was super soft, and pretty placid - their kids man-handled her all the time, and she didn't seem to mind!

      Ummm, maybe when I'm better at tatting I will sell them in my shop! My hope is to be good enough to follow some Victorian patterns that are out of copyright ;)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely holiday you had! We do tend to take almost all our vacation days in summer and have a whole year of work until next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I think that would drive me crazy waiting for a whole year!! I love holidays in winter (though it's not exactly as cold as where you are!).
      Most Australian workplaces have 4 weeks holiday that you can take as you wish ;)

      Delete
  4. That kitty!!!!!!!

    Glad you ladies had a nice break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was absolutely gorgeous!! (as was the kitty) xx

      Delete