Monday, July 7, 2014

taking yoga to a whole new level ...


OK, so you know I've been doing yoga from YouTube for quite a few months now (maybe 6?) ... and I have been getting better and better, stronger and stronger.  I feel that yoga is giving me what the gym didn't - that toned look, which is getting better the more weight I am losing ;) 

As Yoga With Adriene is a more gentler form of yoga, I've been stepping up my routines with Sadie Nardini (as recommended by Kate - thanks for that!!). 

Well, I've just purchased her full-on Yoga Shred For Weightloss, which is a paid 14 day programme designed to combine cardio-yoga workouts with straight yoga for maximum fitness ... I've done 2 days so far, and I feel sore (in a good way!).

Oh .. and I weighed in this morning - 6.5kg (14lbs) lost so far (more than half way - just over 5kg to go)!! 

6 comments:

  1. WAHOO! Congrats darling! :) I'm so happy for you. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! I'm just amazed it hasn't been all that much of a struggle!!

      Delete
  2. That's great! I need to start practising yoga again and when my kids are away I can use the youngest bedroom wich is large enough for doing the yoga moves and it has a door to close :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my yoga first thing in the morning in between my looms ... the only hazard is not getting my eye poked out by the shuttle winder, haaa!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Amazing shrinking woman indeed!!

    Let us know how the yoga shred goes? I have done the jillian michaels cardio shred a few times and that was intense, would be VERY interested to know how a yoga element turns out. I have been doing Mandy Ingbers Yogalosophy this past week, it has a very "show business" feel too it but a solid dvd if you are looking for something else to try after the shred xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'shred' is kicking my arse mate, seriously!!! I'm only up to day 3, and I'm very sore ... in a good way ;)

      Delete