Saturday, November 1, 2014

a rare car post ...


Yes, bet you're surprised to see a car post on this blog???

Last week I said goodbye to my loyal yellow Hyundai Getz - *tears* - and hello to my new Ford Fiesta - *yay!*


I've had the Getz for about 11 1/2 years, and it's been absolutely amazing!  I thought it was about time to upgrade ... mainly for the central locking and mp3 player connectivity (the IMPORTANT things, haaha!). 

If anyone is reading this and wondering why on earth I bought a yellow car in the first place, then I will explain - when driving little cars, some road users in large cars tend to cut in front of you.  As soon as I bought a brightly coloured car, that all stopped - hey presto, safer driving conditions!  I'm crossing fingers that this red is bright enough ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I know how hard it is to part with an old car that goes well. (Mine is from 1996, no air bags, the big consideration for me at the moment.)
    I did read, quite a few years ago, that Australians tend to buy colourful cars but I can't remember what the article said that indicated - maybe something about being visible on long stretches of road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me that gets attached to my car!!!

      If safety was no consideration, I would definitely get a black car ... but safety is definitely more important than aesthetics ;)

      I was originally going to get a PINK car ... but I thought I'd better get a grown-up car instead, haaha!

      Delete