Wednesday, January 14, 2015

the unfolding ...

Remember my 'quick update' a couple of weeks ago about me re-evaluating my life?  (if not, it's here!)

Well, I came back to work on Monday after a well-deserved week off ... and was told that my position had been made redundant.  Apparently they had been working behind the scenes to streamline my job so there was no need for me to be there, and me being on holidays was a great time to test their theory.

Yes, I had all the initial negative thoughts - betrayal, lack of appreciation, anger, shock, etc.  But very quickly afterwards, I realised a very important emotion that was in the forefront of my mind:  RELIEF!!!  I had been working in a company with people who did not appreciate me, who didn't have very honourable morals, who only cared about money, people who I considered to be friends but who betrayed me - and I'm now OUT OF THERE!!  Yeehaw!!!

It really didn't take me long to be excited about the next stage of my life - I now have the time to go to interviews, and in between I can concentrate on my artwork.  I trust that the Universe will provide me with the perfect job for me in this moment (just like my last job was the right thing at the right time).

I promise you, dear reader, that I am not just playing it cool - I really believe this stuff!  And I'm pretty chuffed that I'm not more upset and angry, because it proves to me that I have evolved myself enough to know that the right thing happens at the right time ;)

So ... after that bombshell ... I will leave you with some Abraham-Hicks philosophy, which has been so helpful to me over the years, and especially helpful at times like these ;)




14 comments:

  1. Bastards! I am glad that you find good things in it, like getting out of a bad place that did not share your values! I hope they gave you some decent redundancy pay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!! Well, I got enough money to pay for my unemployment for a couple of months ;)

      Delete
  2. While losing your job is not so good, I'm very glad you're away from such a poisonous environment-- two faced people are the worst kind of people.
    Yes, it's something to be happy about, and I hope your next job is another moment of the right thing, at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! In hindsight, I should have seen it coming, but I try not to dwell too much on office politics and pettiness ... but Life works out the way it is meant to, so it has unfolded perfectly ;)

      Delete
  3. Very proud of you darling.... But you know that. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥♥♥
      And I appreciate your support and faith in me (as always!) xx

      Delete
  4. It always amazes me how underhanded some people can be. You're well rid of the place, methinks. Here's to a bright future without the bastards, as Laura so eloquently phrased it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Laura has a great way with words, haaha!! ;)

      Delete
  5. Is big lobster in Robe still for sale?? :-P

    Just a thought hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, their behaviour were very false, so I think it's great that you are relieved. I wasn't sacked from my last job but they put me in a position where I felt totally useless and I guess that was the point. I have a job that is 5 times harder, pays me less but gives me so much more now. Good luck Michelle, I'm sure you will find something fit for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese, I'm sure something will come along soon too!
      I now understand that everything had been leading up to this, but hindsight is not helpful ;)

      Delete
  7. That is so uplifting. I really like your positive attitude. Good riddance to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I agree! I know that things are always working out for me :)

      Delete