Saturday, March 21, 2015

where have i been???


HELLO!!!  Yes, I'm still alive ... and am currently working!  I'm 1 week into a temporary assignment with a government agency (my first time ever working for government) in their accounts payable section.  It's a 4 week assignment at this stage, but I'm still waiting to hear on a couple of full time permanent jobs that I have a very good chance of getting.  Who knows where I will end up??  The great thing is that where I am now have told me that they'd like me to stay longer, so if the other jobs don't work out, I can still continue there ;)

So in the last couple of months I have been doing the following:

WEAVING:





(weaving demonstration at E For Ethel cafe)
YOGA:





MEDITATION:



LOOKING AT THE POSITIVES:




These things have kept me positive, hopeful, and ultimately happy with my life ... sure I had my 'down' moments, but this is what kept me 80% 'up' during what was essentially a difficult period of unemployment.

Being happy is a choice!

I'll keep you posted on my adventures :)  xx


8 comments:

  1. I am glad the job is going well! Good luck for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura - who knows what will happen???

      Delete
  2. Having all that extra time for weaving keeps you happy! If only there weren't bills to pay and we could just create all day long, eh Michelle? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see that you're doing fine. I hope youll get a job were they appreciate you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese! Well, I've been officially offered one, and have a second interview for the other on Tuesday ... crossing fingers!!!

      Delete