Sunday, April 12, 2015

tourists in our own town


I've always loved this concept ... why do we always want to go to exotic locations when we have so much beauty on our own doorstep?  We are fortunate enough to live only 30 minutes away from the gorgeous wine region of McLaren Vale, so we decided to visit on this rare child-free Sunday ;)

Now you know I'm rubbish at outfit posts ... but here I am (in front of Anita's beans):


This is one of my favourite comfy outfits ... hand-me-down dress from a friend (it's stretchy!!) and my Luluemon yoga pants (which have ended up being going-out pants rather than yoga pants, haaha!).

We went first to Willunga to have wood-oven pizza from Pizza Kneads - here's Anita enjoying a glass of Hither & Yon's Grenache Mataro ... YUM!!


We then visited the ultra-trendy Alpha Box & Dice at McLaren Vale, as I wanted to buy this specific bottle of wine ...


I'm sure LaSirene will be pleased!  And I couldn't resist buying a couple of wine glasses from there:


Haaha!  The ones at cellar door have 'Half Full / Half Empty' on the side ;)

We also stopped off at Pirramimma Wines for a dozen Merlot for the 'wine cellar'.

OK, better do some weaving before the sun goes down!!


4 comments:

  1. That outfit does look comfortable! And I completely agree, I don't travel (mostly due to finances lol) but I enjoy what my surrounding area has to offer, there are lots of trails, antique and art shops. I love to go for hikes and shop for unusual things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that top/dress in your profile picture - nice!! I think all places have their beauty and their advantages - we are very lucky to live so close to a gorgeous wine and food region!! :)

      Delete
  2. I have those same pants and I wear them out all the time! I thought I would never wear yoga pants as an outfit, but those things are just cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome! I have actually ordered a slightly different pair as well, since I was so impressed with these ones (and the fact that I have had them so long and they still look new!)

      Delete