Monday, June 8, 2015

purple cotton and a new series


Here's the purple cotton scarf I just finished!


I've kept one for myself, and there's one HERE :)


Oh, and I have a new Instagram account HERE - just for my business stuff.  I was finding that I have been mixing my personal and business way too much, so my personal account is now private.

And I've decided to start a new series of tapestries and needlepoints ... I've always been fascinated by buildings that have been abandoned, so I thought I'd do a series called 'In Ruins' (the title inspired by the Black Ice song from their Myopia album).  Here's one that we snapped on the way to McLaren Vale today:


I have no idea what the visual style will be ... but I will make it as sinister as possible ;)

10 comments:

  1. I just love the purple and grey together in that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, me too ... that's why I kept one for myself, heh heh :P

      Delete
  2. ooooh new haircolor!! <3 and that place looks as if it could become really awesome done by the right person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I forgot to post about my new hair! That's my 'sunset' hair of orange and pink ;)

      Delete
  3. You look great! Ruins have always fascinated me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I especially love the ruins that aren't 'famous' ... the ones that you have no idea about the story of how they became abandoned ;)

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Have you seen this IG page? https://instagram.com/itsabandoned/

    I love it, but plenty of great places in S.A too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, nice one - love that IG account!! Yes, I prefer to focus on the ones that aren't so well known, the ones that you just drive past and wonder what their stories are ;)

      Delete
  5. Love the scarf - and it's definitely scarf weather now!
    I think I heard that there are lots of abandoned farms, especially in South Australia, because the settlers came in the one or two years that weren't in drought and then had to face years of drought. Must have been so hard in a new country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing my scarves every day!! The wool ones are even warmer ;)

      Yes, that's true, especially in the north of the state where it's very dry - but some of the other ruins are because the farmers simply abandon the old houses and build new ones on the same property!

      Delete